Chuo University supports HeForShe
Chuo University's commitment
Chuo University supports UN Women's HeForShe movement for gender equality, and will continue to strengthen initiatives that raise the status and capabilities of women in the world.
A Message from the Chancellor and President of Chuo University
Since its foundation as the English Law School in 1885, Chuo University has based its education on respect for the individual. In the years since the war, Chuo has continued to develop its principles in education and research, and its social contribution through the practice and promotion of equality under the law and basic human rights.
(for full text, please visit: http://global.chuo-u.ac.jp/english/aboutus/global/network/heforshe/ )
Chuo University is a member of the United Nations Academic Impact, and endorses the HeForShe campaign led by UN Women.
HeForShe focuses on:
- Ending Violence Against Women
- Women's Economic Empowerment
- Women's Role in Politics & Peace Building
In support for HeForShe, Chuo will:
- Introduce message from Chuo's Chancellor and President on the university website.
- Promote HeForShe campaign from July to September of 2015, and spread the word to advocates in the faculty, alumni, and student groups through various activities.
- Organize a HeForShe Symposium in September
- Promote student-led campaign in October with support from Chuo's Non-Harassment Movement group