Introduction of University of Hyogo
The University of Hyogo was established in 2004 through a merger of three prefectural universities: the Kobe University of Commerce, the Himeji Institute of Technology, and the College of Nursing Art and Science. Our roots trace back to 1929 when the Hyogo Prefectural Kobe Higher School of Commerce, the predecessor of the Kobe University of Commerce, was founded. Currently we are a comprehensive university including six undergraduate and eight graduate schools. In our long history, we have educated a number of talented graduates in the fields of economy, industry, academy, medicine, and healthcare, who have built successful careers as business and academic leaders. Our university has also attracted a large number of international students, many of whom have found job opportunities in Japan.
It is our great pleasure to have the opportunity to join in the United Nations Academic Impact. We will endeavor to collaborate with the United Nations as well as with domestic and overseas institutions by promoting various programs and research initiatives and contribute to the realization of Sustainable Development Goals. Our focus will be on the following six principles stipulated by the United Nations Academic Impact.
2. A commitment to human rights, among them freedom of inquiry, opinion, and speech;
3. A commitment to educational opportunity for all people regardless of gender, race, religion or ethnicity;
6. A commitment to encouraging global citizenship through education;
8. A commitment to addressing issues of poverty through education;
9. A commitment to promoting sustainability through education;
10. A commitment to promoting inter-cultural dialogue and understanding, and the “unlearning” of intolerance, through education.
2022.01.28Introduction of University of Hyogo