The 6th Panel on GIGAKU Education was held.
“The 6th Panel on GIGAKU Education” was held online on February 4 (Fri). Ten organizations including us, Nagaoka University of Technology as well as GIGAKU SDG network members and companies participated, with UNESCO Engineering Assistant Programme Specialist Ms. Rovani Sigamoney acting as an advisor.
This meeting was held to discuss new methods to approach engineering education in UNITWIN applications, among other topics. On the day of the panel, after the remarks delivered by President Dr. KAMADO and each of the members, we reviewed UNITWIN application forms, proposed new programs for the network, and received advice about the network from UNESCO contact persons, with Vice President in charge of International Relations and NUT Alumni Dr. TAKAHASHI and UEA Dr. KATSUMI serving as facilitators. We then conducted the panel discussion, where each of the members made comments based on the new program proposals, and a lively debate aimed at network development unfolded.
In the future, we will continue to promote the global expansion and quality assurance of GIGAKU education, which has its pillars in SDG problem solving and practical engineering education, alongside our GIGAKU SDG network members who share with us the fundamental principles of engineering education.
<GIGAKU SDG Network membership>
- Hanoi University of Technology (Vietnam)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (India)
- University of Mondragon (Spain)
- Mongolia University of Science and Technology (Mongolia)
- New Mongol College of Technology (Mongolia)
- University of Deusto (Spain)
- University of Guanajuato (Mexico)
- National Institute of Technology (Japan)
- National Institute of Technology (KOSEN), Fukushima College (Japan)
- Nagaoka University of Technology (Japan)
- Western Digital (Thailand)
- UNESCO HQ (France)
2022.06.20Nagaoka University of Technology Held an Online “SDG Round-table Talk for Students”
2022.05.06Student SDGs Promoters Hold “SDGs Workshop and Report on internship”
2022.04.28Nagaoka University of Technology started the “Iron Rebirth: Study Project”
2022.03.23Trial event “Extensive Reading and Listening x SDGs Challenge” was held.
2022.02.16The 6th Panel on GIGAKU Education was held.